|Last years "Best Film" Trophy (as voted for by the audience) 2010 Winner:Tim Pierce for "BLIP"|
Okay guys and gals
For those of you who would like to see your very own movie screened on the big cinema screen, listen up.
As mentioned in the previous post, Gone In 60 seconds III is on!
- Write - Shoot - Cut a 1 minute movie (made fresh for this competition)
- Exactly 60 seconds from start to finish INCLUDING all titles, credits, etc. ( if any ) .
- Made up stories please - serious / funny / dramatic - y'know FICTION.
- No documentary / live sports type films this year please. I feel there are enough avenues already existing that cater to those type films.
- use original music or no music. (Your film doesn't have to have a score, but if you do decide to have one, please don't just slap down a track from your iTunes collection. Either make your own tunes or ask someone you know who plays music for a tune - it's a minute long - you can hum a score if you need to!
- Deadline for entries either by mail / in person or online link in my email in box, is December 18th at 5pm ,NZ time. (anything later than that is disqualified)
- use any kind of camera you want . Animate if that's your thing - as long as I can play it , and it abides by the rules, it's in!
- Don't do anything illegal - and keep in mind that kids may be at the screening .
- THEME: This year your film should have a CHRISTMAS theme. (subtle or in your face - you decide)
ALL FILMS RECEIVED WILL SCREEN AS LONG AS THERE"S NOTHING TOO TRAUMATIZING THERE!
Only films complying with ALL RULES will be eligible for competition, but we will endeavor to screen every entry we receive in the cinema , so if you timed it wrong etc, don't worry - the screening is the best part.
WHEN?: Make your film NOW! - you have until December 18th 2011 at 5pm , NZ time to submit your entry. Don't leave it till last minute! (I know you will though)
FORMAT?: My life will be made easier if your film is on a usb stick in a Quicktime format - but .avi or DVD or whatever you have , will be accepted. If I can't play it, I will contact you & try to work out a way, but ultimately , I will do my best to get everything screened, no guarantees though.
Upload to YouTube / Vimeo etc - make it private/passworded for now and send me the link/password
I will have to be able to download it in order to screen it so enable that if applicable.
email me when you have your movie done and I will send you a Dropbox link to upload it to.
WHERE?: Either by old school mail to
Wanaka Film Trust,
15 Nichol Street,
Wanaka 9382 ,
Drop you film in person to Kai Whaka Pai in Wanaka - in an envelope/bag marked
FOR ROBERT HOLT - WANAKA FILM TRUST " Gone In 60 seconds III"
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS ARE ON THE ENTRY AND THE ENVELOPE!!
Shortly after the December 18th deadline (don't worry, it will be before Christmas) , there will be a screening night at the movies!
Date and details to be confirmed.
ANY QUESTIONS - email: wanakafilm @ gmail . com or ask me on twitter @wanakafilm
or comment in the comments box thingy below.
THIS IS OPEN TO ANYONE, ANYWHERE , ANY AGE.
Now get writing!